Cost of Living
Managing your finances in university can be a challenge without adding in the cost-of-living crisis. You are not alone in dealing with the extra financial stresses that come with the cost-of-living crisis – we've got your back. University is a time where we want you to focus on getting the most out of your experience, not worrying about finances. That’s why we’re constantly working with your Officer team and the University to find solutions and support our student communities.
Support On Campus
- Food and drink – see the best budget friendly options and offers
- Check our Wellbeing Cabinet for free products (including condoms and anti-spike bottle toppers) and leaflets.
- Our Advice team can be a listening ear for any worries, and also give you practical financial support including how to budget whilst at uni.
- Warm spaces – We are always open to provide warm spaces to keep you out of the cold. Come to Devonshire House, home of the Students’ Guild, 24/7 and you can also access our hot water and microwaves.
- Wellbeing support - if your mental health is being impacted by your financial situation, don’t suffer in silence. Help is available if you reach out to the University’s Wellbeing Services.
- Mitigation - your financial situation should never impact your ability to study, but with increased costs, we know that it often does. This strain can be eased if you apply for mitigation if financial concerns are impacting your ability to complete your studies. Find out more.
Success for All Fund – available to any registered Exeter student facing unexpected financial hardship.
Societies & Clubs Fund - we never want anyone to miss out on experiences at Exeter because of financial difficulties. That’s why we created the Societies and Clubs hardship fund. Apply to this funding scheme to get up to £50 off memberships to societies and clubs (including kit and events) if financial worries are stopping you from joining. Find out more and apply here.
Jobs and paid opportunities - get some extra cash and boost your skillset with a job or paid opportunity. Check out Handshake for the latest opportunities!