Tuesday 10 October is World Mental Health Day, a time to bring attention to how important it is to talk about mental health and how we can look after it.
University life can be extremely overwhelming due to all the things you have to juggle. Take a moment today to check in with yourself about how you are really feeling. Sometimes you don't realise you are struggling until you stop and take a break, whereas other times you may be acutely aware that you are having a hard time. Both are valid. Remember, struggling is nothing to be ashamed of, and you never have to apologise for prioritising your mental health.
You have somuch to offer the world, you are loved and valued, and you deserve to be here.
Join us on 10 October in The Greenhouse (ground floor Devonshire House) for some free refreshments, yoga, crafts and more.
10:30 - 12:00
- Coffee Morning - coffee, tea, pastries
- Board Games and Puzzles
- Colour Corner – painting and colouring with some mindfulness colouring books
- Cosy Corner - books, beanbags, blankets, wellbeing resources, ear plugs
- Sensory Workshop - craft your own hand soap using different scents and essential oils. Please book a ticket for this session.
12:00 - 13:00
- Positive Wellbeing Peer Support Group - Colour Corner Takeover; mindfulness colouring and drop-in session.
13:00 - 14:00
- Hide n Seek Society Workshop - wellbeing orientated games and activities. Please book a ticket for this session.
14:15 - 15:00
- Yoga Society Workshop - wellbeing orientated, low-impact yoga taster session. Please book a ticket for this session.
Need some extra support? Find resources and someone to talk to.