• Captions - generates text automatically as you speak, can edit afterwards
• Teleprompter - can read from a script as you record, the script becomes the captions
• My Clear Text - Speech to Text Reporting o Stage Text - For live and digital performances
• Ai Media - recorded and live audio description - Closed Captioning, Subtitles, Audio Description services from Ai-Media
Image Descriptions/ Alt Text
• Guidelines for Creating Image Descriptions (americananthro.org)
• Social Media Accessibility: A Guide to Alt Text on Social Media I Tua Agency
Planning an Accessible Event
At the Event
• Schedule comfort/ rest breaks
• Have padded and comfortable chairs
• Have a quiet space where people can go to step out of crowded environments
• Make it hybrid/ having online access available
• Have a BSL translator
Advertising the Event
• When posting about an event, it is helpful to post an accessibility statement. You can find a generator here.
Choosing the Venue
Questions to ask when approaching a venue:
• Is the entrance step free?
• Do you have accessible toilets? If so, what features does it have?
• Is there level/ lift access to all parts of the venue?
• Are there induction loops?
• Are Guide dogs allowed?
• Is there parking nearby?