WELCOME TO ADVICE AT EXETER STUDENTS’ GUILD.
We offer a free, independent and confidential advice service for University of Exeter students. Our trained advisers specialise in University processes – supporting students to understand how the University works and to exercise their rights within this environment. Our advisers are accredited by the National Association of Student Money Advisers (NASMA), or they are working towards that accreditation. We are also members of Advice UK, the largest independent network of advice services within the UK.
HOW WE HELP STUDENTS
We are happy to support students on any matter where they require advice. Sometimes we do this by providing information and advice, and sometimes we provide detailed casework support. On other occasions, we help students to access specialist services or information relevant to their circumstances. We exist to support and empower students and we will always provide an honest, non-judgmental service.
Our key areas of expertise include:
- Academic matters such as appeals, academic misconduct processes, disciplinary processes; other University of Exeter regulatory processes; and other situations where students may be in conflict with the University;
- Complaints processes and alternative dispute resolution on any matter relating to students’ experience at the University of Exeter;
- Housing and accommodation matters such as tenancy deposit schemes, disputes with landlords or lettings agents, and homelessness;
- Finance matters including tuition fees, Student Finance eligibility, University bursaries and scholarships, and support for students in financial hardship;
- Welfare support, helping students to access the information and services they need to stay safe and manage their physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Areas where we are unable to provide advice and will signpost students include:
- Counselling support and other wellbeing support which is best provided by qualified practitioners;
- Immigration advice and support;
- Legal matters or requests for legal advice